Power and Influence of Teachers Unions (with guest Lisa Turkeltaub)
Episode 158 · February 25th, 2021 · 34 mins 35 secs
About this Episode
In this episode: Across the country, bold political leadership from both parties has eased or overridden special interest groups’ resistance to reopening public schools, but linguini-spined leaders of both parties have permitted teachers unions to force children to endure nearly a full year of isolation and virtual learning. Fighting the battle at Ground Zero in the DC suburbs have been the parents of Fairfax County Public Schools, who stand opposed by the Fairfax Education Association—which back last summer set a medically impossible standard to return to work. Excuse me, to classrooms, the union has insisted to me that the schools are open for virtual learning. I regret the error.
Joining us is one of those parents, Lisa Turkeltaub, to discuss the efforts and organizing of OpenFCPS, a campaign group pushing to reopen the schools for real.
Subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice at: https://influencewatch.fireside.fm/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/capitalresearchcenter
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/capitalresearch
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/capitalresearchcenter
• YouTube: https://bit.ly/CRCYouTube
• Rumble: https://rumble.com/account/content?type=all
• Gettr: https://gettr.com/user/capitalresearch